Saturday, August 18, 2007

Vitamin time

So its that time of year again. First Baptist Church of Fort Lauderdale's 24th Annual Christmas Pageant, and today was the first kick off day.

Now, last year I only participated in the choir concert and the second act (which is the Christmas story to the Resurrection) but I wanted to be more involved this year, so I had auditions today for Opening Scene (which is a lot of dancing). I was supposed to be in choir listening to the music but instead I danced.

Now, I haven't taken dance classes since I was really little and then the odd dance lesson in P.E. from Grades 7 through 10. So for me this is pretty much starting straight from scratch with no dance history to speak of. Too say that it was difficult would be a bit of an understatement. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't so hard that I could never learn the steps, thats not true. I just mean that it will take me some time to learn it. As long as I start off slow and then work myself up to a higher level/speed, I will be able to learn the steps.

So for todays auditions, I really only felt comfortable in part of the waltz steps, and strangely its the only steps I can remember after two hours of auditions. Like I said, if given more time I can get the other steps down so I'm not too worried. I won't know if I made it until end of next week, beginning of the next, so we shall see.

Apart from that I need to start working out more. I think this will have been the most of a work out I have done since my hike in Scotland last year and even that wasn't wasn't as much of a cardio that today was.

I'm looking forward to the challenge that will happen this year since I'll hopefully be more involved this year. It also means I'll probably be more tired also because of work going on also.

I better start taking my vitamins now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.