Thursday, August 23, 2007

Most Wonderful Place On Earth

Have you ever noticed that if you are feeling down or in a bad mood there is usually a thing you can do, a movie you can watch, or a place you can go that will just put you back in a good mood again.

Well I think I've found that place for me. Its been a long week at work and then I had to travel 230 miles to go to manager meetings for a couple of days, and I was missing the Lock-In at church so I wasn't happy. Oh and to make matters worse the traffic was terrible and took me over an hour just to travel 40 miles.

So instead of coming straight to Lakeland, I made an hour stop at the most Wonderful Place on Earth, yep thats right, Disney World. Since I didn't have that much time, only an hour like I said, I went to Downtown Disney. Just being in that atmosphere made it all the better. I got to talk to a family who was from England, and their girls told me about the dolphins they saw in Sanabel Island. I talked to another guy who's first day was today and was working in the Candy Shoppe and he was from China. I don't know there is just something about that place. It might also be the sweets I bought today too. I found shortbread cookies in a tin with Mickey in a kilt, four chocolate covered Marshmellows, chocolate mint fudge, and a mickey shaped rice crispy bar with chocolate ears. So you see a pattern here?

Wish I could have stayed longer but if I had I probably would have spent even more money, but it might have been on something that would have lasted.

2 comments:

Andrew Groves said...

Haven't I ever taught you anything? Beware of men (and mice) in kilts! Just kidding... that's an awesome story. It encouraged me just reading it!

Juli said...

Wait I thought it was only men that I had to avoid, whats a mouse going to do to me?